So I figured I needed to really just sort it all out and I thought it'd be n to keep everyone updated as well as myself!
I'll probably be posting short updates on my twitter every so often and not here ->CapukatTwitter
But as for the rest :3
- I'm working on the commissions page atm (www.capukat.com/#!commissions/…); and in a little bit I'll open Beta commission slots as in I'll be testing out how the app works on my site! Watch out for those special slots!
- Any suggestions?!
- Feel free to look around my site though, test links etc! Feedback is more than appreciated There are a lot of blank pages now but I'm working on making sure this comes out easily navigable
- Ooh and feel free to fb/google+ like my site! All the support means a lot ! ^-^ My twitter is also linked there along with other social icons in the footer-- feel free to suggest things about that too.
- As for everything else, I guess that's it now//all I can think of! :3 As per usual, smaller updates will be in my Twitter as mentioned a few times above!
- Unfortunately I was hoping to have more time for this, this past year, but with all I'm about to mention plus school, it's become hard to manage. The AA staff has been working to provide you with faster feedback and submission approvals but unfortunately we've all been getting busy with school/work and personal matters as well. By this summer I should be able to work more on it but for now submissions are still on hold (as mentioned in the group journal)
- If anyone would like to become a part of the AnimalAwareness staff (the more the better! as for now), please visit this journal and read carefully!
AnimalAwareness Staff Application Forms & Try-Hello! Capu here!And I'll potentially see you there!
As you may have noticed, we, as the AA staff, have been getting behind on a lot of the feedback, what with the submissions and everything (which btw are still closed for the better part). For that you have my sincerest apologies on everyone's behalf!
We've all been having many personal work that we've been only managing to make time for this not as much as we'd like to.
The problem is with a group as big & still growing as ours, it's become apparent we need more staff to help out.
You have to be reasonably active (not coming on once every few months etc), and as for the rest, that's listed below.
How we work: I want to make sure this is all very thorough as I wouldn't want anyone to jump into any responsibility without knowing the full deal!
-Our cause and group is a team effort and we have select roles assigned to everybody. Everyone in the AA staff gets at least one role, of your choice preferably. (first come first serve) D
- But otherwise, apologies on everyone's behalf as well for the inactivity! I promise we have been and will be trying out best to keep on improving upon the group and additional sites! We're trying to develop an efficient system for the workload and we're getting there!
- Ooh but feel free to join if you support art 4 animals!
- I'm not opening commissions until SUMMER VACATION, so around end of May or beginning of June, but I'll see how busy finals makes me lol! //crosses fingers I can be exempted from some.
- I'll be working on my page too! I should probably get myself:
- A few new journal skins
- Proper page layout & backgrounds + images
- A real good gallery organization system and CSS. o____o
- And comments and all that are the usual, I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner but I'm afraid I'll be a little bit on the busy-swamped side...
- Surprise surprise! :3 I'm releasing a novel THIS YEAR (at least I'm 99% sure). A completely new one and mostly so I can really experience just everything from the work load to really organizing everything. But this depends on how successful *points above* all /that/ is. Although this would be among my top priorities!
- The topic and all that for now is kept secret for the most part until I really work it out. By this summer if pages haven't been release, I should get concept work done!
- Whether or not I'll get it published depends on popularity but so far I'm having pretty good hopes for this one haha! It's animal based, and I figured I should start with my comfort zone so dogs and cats. A more sweet story than anything too fantastical or complex, I hope you all will like it! It'll be 3 books at most, and no more than 100 pages per book. Hopefully 3 pages released a week but we'll see
- I will be working on animating a few if not all my novels! Haha. I've wanted to be a novelist for so long, initially an animator but I really don't think I'd fit in with Disney and their style of art so I figured I could try doing a little of my own! And become a self sufficient graphic novelist and therefore my own personal animator xD
- I have a few friends interested in volunteering for voice acting so far Unfortunately.. I have no funds for any salary so if you're a professional voice actor I would love to hire you if I could "hire" /sigh/
- So yea! I'll be starting with animations, that basically represent chapters in the novels! Probably about 10 min episodes I'm aiming for (nothing's set in stone yet haha..), and I'm working on composing my own music already (playing the piano for like 8 years now so I might also incorporate classical music since that's like free of copyrights haha)
- But yea! If anyone has any animation tips or links to tutorials/videos that helped with lip syncing or anything (I'm using Anime Studio Pro 9, and maybe Flash CS4), feel free to link, much appreciated!!! >~<
- Voice acting tryouts are later.. first I have to actually start my first novel hehe!
- As for mini-practice ones, besides speedpaints and narrated videos I'll try to make (since I find those easier than making tutorials//maybe I'll do both), I'll probably do short comedy-oriented animations lol xD Starring...my youtube cast! I have designs planned out for a lot of them since I'm keeping them very basic, simple, yet recognizable ! But of course, Capu and Kiaro (and even Winter, etc) definitely star in them xD! I'll try to find good prompts and ideas later